Those who know me well know that I’m not talking about celebrities. In fact, I’m never starstruck by celebrities because I don’t know who they are. The stars in the sky, though, always seem to amaze me-time and time again.
- We live in the Milky Way galaxy and it contains about 100 billion stars
- The average distance between stars in the Milky Way galaxy is 30 trillion miles.
- It would take 201,000 years to travel from one star to the next if you were going 17,000 mph in a space shuttle.
- If you left the day Jesus Christ was born from then to today you would have traveled only 1% of the distance….and there are 100 billion stars you would still have to travel to.
- The Milky Way Galaxy is just one of hundreds of billions of galaxies still in our universe…and our universe continues to expand.
I know our universe is big but putting it in this perspective continues to remind me God is bigger than our circumstances, plans and fears. God is love, and his love is everywhere. He is able to do abundantly more than we could ever ask or imagine.
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” – Psalm 19:1
“Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.” – Jeremiah 32:17
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” – Ephesians 3:20
Let’s never lose sight of just how enormous, mighty, and loving our God is.
Just when we think we have come to grasp with God’s love, may He show us that it’s bigger still.
Don’t want to miss a post? Look in the top right hand corner and enter your email in the box after “Follow Blog via email.”