This DIY hair mask is the perfect combination to moisturize, strengthen, repair, control frizz and grow your hair.
There are a lot of hair mask recipes out there but I like to combine all my favorite items into one. I have been using this hair mask for the past 8 weeks and my hair has grown 2.5-3 inches!
I call it the “CSL” Hair Mask because it has coconut oil, sunflower oil and lavender….Just an easy to remember the recipe.
WHY THESE INGREDIENTS?
- Natural moisturizer without chemicals hair
- Transform hair to be silky, less frizzy and easy to work with
- Sunflower oil contains gamma linolenic acid, which is an omega-6 fatty acid. Such fatty acids are essential to hair health, says Spencer David Kobren in his book, “The Truth About Women’s Hair Loss: What Really Works for Treating and Preventing Thinning Hair.”
- Repair Damaged Hair
- Strengthen and Promotes Hair Growth
- Hydrates scalp which is good for those that have dandruff
- Controls Frizz (moisturizing hair naturally makes it less frizzy)
- Stops Hair Loss (have even been proven through scientific studies)
- Balances Scalp
- Lavender has the Latin name Lavare, which means “to wash”. This is why lavender literally “de-bugs” hair and kills lice and any other bacteria.
HAIR MASK RECIPE:
1 tbsp. Sunflower Oil (or could use extra virgin olive oil)
1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
3-4 drops Essential Lavender Oil
(1 egg yolk – I add this into my “CSL” hair mask every 2-3 weeks. This adds protein and locks in additional moisture. I recommend using the egg yolk for those that have dry hair. Ignore and don’t use egg yolk if you have oily hair.)
1. Gently warm the coconut oil and sunflower oil until melted.
Make sure to do this on low. I usually just stick my bowl on the stove or in a sink of hot water (not letting water in). You can also use the microwave, but I don’t like it because I think microwaves kill nutrients.
2. Add in lavender or essential oil of choice.
3. Poor mixture slowly on the roots of your hair over a sink to cut down on the mess. I pour this on my hair when it is dry, but if you prefer to dampen it first you can. After making sure the roots get covered, comb through your hair so all my hair gets coated in the mask.
4. Pin your hair up with a few clips. Let Sit for 2 hours and then rinse out. For days or weeks that you really want to deep condition, you can sleep overnight with a shower cap on.
5. Wash your hair with SLS Free shampoo & conditioner. Then style as usual.
(To transform your hair, use this treatment 2-3 times/week for 4-8 weeks. To maintain, just use once every 1-2 weeks. I also like to follow this hair treatment the next day or 2 with my DIY dry shampoo recipe. )
Have you made your own hair mask before? If so, let me know which kitchen ingredients are your favorite to use.