Have you ever wondered if tracking your food really makes a difference?
Well, a 2008 study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine shows that keeping a “food diary” may double your weight loss efforts.
“The more food records people kept, the more weight they lost,” said lead author Jack Hollis Ph.D., a researcher at Kaiser Permanente’s Center for Health Research in Portland, Ore. “Those who kept daily food records lost twice as much weight as those who kept no records. It seems that the simple act of writing down what you eat encourages people to consume fewer calories.”
Why a food diary helps you lose more weight.
– Helps keep you Accountable
– Makes you Stop Yourself from over-eating
– Helps Portion Food Intake
– Keep Track of Emotions and how certain foods make you feel
Keeping a log shows you hard data of what you are putting in your body everyday. Small changes lead to big results. It is a dream until you write it down, and then it is a goal!
SparkPeople & My Fitness Pal are the 2 fastest growing nutrition and fitness sites today. They are both free and help SPARK and keep you on track to your healthy living goals.
What I like about SparkPeople:
- Clean format so you can log your food fast
- You can login from anywhere online
- Great app for your phone and iPad…giving no excuse not to track.
- Creates a weightless plan just for you
- Ability to log vitamins and other nutritional levels you want to keep track of
- Very easy to find over a million food items
- Adding additional food items is easy…(or scan the label!)
- Custom Create Meal Groupings
- Recipe calculator for when you cook
- Daily emails about fitness & nutrition (optional)