It’s time to Moo-ve On Over!
Almond milk is a light, crisp and nutty milk alternative. It is all-natural and in many cases is healthier than milk.
Benefits of Almond Milk
- All-Natural :: Does not contain any hormones. (Even organic cow’s milk still contains some hormones)
- Strong Bones :: High in Calcium & Vitamin D (Doesn’t just help with strong bones, but also with teeth, muscles contraction and blood clotting.)
- Healthy Skin :: High in Vitamin E which builds immunity, and brings you healthy skin and eyes
- Healthy Muscles :: Contains Riboflavin and Iron. These ingredients help our muscles absorb more protein.
- Low Glycemic Index :: No added sugar (Especially good for diabetics)
- Weight Management :: Lower in calories (Yes, even less than fat-free milk.)
- Dairy Free :: Also lactose and gluten-free
Substitute Almond Milk for milk in smoothies, coffee, or any recipe that calls for milk. Also, it’s great for road trips because it doesn’t have to be refrigerated.
I usually use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze when I am in a hurry, or make my own (Click here to learn to make your own almond milk in under 5 minutes.)
I’d love to hear what milk you prefer and if you ever have tried almond milk…
Don’t want to miss a post? Look in the top right hand corner and enter your email in the box after “Follow Blog via email.”